Friday, June 27, 2008

Yesterday was really a turning for Tatiana. Not only was she content with me nearly the whole day, she actually interacted with me too! We played and she began to really open up. She can be quite silly. She also started showing us both affection which is a very good sign. We took her out to the swing set in the back yard here at El Refugio. Over and over she had me help her up the slide and down. She was laughing and playing like any other child. She also loved to swing for a looooooooooooooong time. We only had to give her tylenol first thing in the morning. (she had been teething and also had a cold) Each day her cold gets better and now I have aquired it and each day mine gets worse! Today has been a little difficult (yet still good since Tatiana has continued with her good mood and contentment with her new Mama and Papa) because I got very little sleep last night due to my congestion.

I don´t remember if I mentioned it before or not, (and I´m too lazy to look), but Tatiana had one ear piercing that became infected. It is much better now-the earrings she had when we received her were not very good.

This morning we had our integration visit. We were picked up by David and Oscar again. They took us back to ICBF where we met the social worker in the same room we met Tatiana. I think the social worker we spoke to is the same woman who actually handed Tatiana to me. She is very nice and just asked some general questions about how Tatiana has been doing as far as eating and sleeping, and the like. It didn´t take very long and we made the trip back to Bogota so that Steve could sign the power of attorney before a notary so that I can take Tatiana out of the country without him. After that we came back to the hotel and ate lunch and put Tatiana down for a nap. She didn´t get her usual one this morning since we were in the car. Again I may be repeating myself but here, they don´t use carseats. So that´s very different that what we´re used to-she just sits between us or in our lap!

Next week sometime (after Steve goes home) Tatiana and I will have to meet with the judge here that will finalize our adoption. Sounds like a similar meeting to the one we had with the social worker today.

David told us today that we are already 4 days ahead of schedule (because of Oscar´s schmoozing everyone!) and they expect everything to move quickly for us. So that´s good news!...although we´ve learned not to hold our breathe!

Ok, that´s the latest news. I will post this and then post some more pics for you all to see in a minute. Keep checking back, if you like.

No comments: